Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Snow Day

  Well today is another snow day for the boys from school.  It was absolutely beautiful outside this morning while we were shovelling out.  The air was dry and cold and there wasn't a breath of wind.  It was the exact kind of day that makes me love winter so much.  Didn't want *J* to get rusty so we worked on math problems and his writing skills all day.



  The rest of my day was spent playing with little *E*.  While he was napping, I worked on refinishing the running gear from an old train station platform cart.  When finished, I'll be mounting our old 1926 horse and a half IH motor on it.  She's REALLY awkward to move around on the oak skids.  As of right now, I'm planning on hooking it to the pumpjack for the barn's well but things may change if I see a better use for it.  Ultimately I'd like to set it up on a line shaft to drive some of my old carpentry tools...but that's a way down the road.

1 comment:

  1. What in the world is an old train station platform cart?

    Nice to see the blog, it will be great following the new family and your coming adventures.

    ReplyDelete